Sunday, 3 February 2013

The names Smith!

One of the most common names in the Uk has transcended across the Pond into one of the best eateries that I have dined in, whilst in New York. Sited a short walk from my hotel I discovered this restaurant by chance and so glad that did. From its white tiled front, to its wooden tables and open steel interior it has a great warehouse urban feel to it. The bar was fabulous, like something out of an old 50's movie.
I started with Calamari (brooklyn style) which came with a spicy sauce and delicious, followed by a NY steak salad, which just melted in the mouth. Finished off with a beer it was a perfect supper.
My second visit was for breakfast on my last morning in New York. This time I opted for Eggs benedict, coffee & grapefruit juice which was perfect. There was a real mix of people in for
breakfast from city gents, to nannies that brunch!... With all the white tiles and the light airy windows the space was filled with sunshine on a cold winter morning.
The staff were warm & friendly which is great when you are dining on your own, I was able to sit and people watch and read my kindle, without feeling conscious dining for one. There are three SmithNYC restaurants  in New York, if the other 2 are as good as the one I dined in in the East village then you are in for a treat.... My only regret is that I didn't have room for the S'mores in a jar dessert.... Mmmm maybe next time!

No comments:

Sunday, 3 February 2013

The names Smith!

One of the most common names in the Uk has transcended across the Pond into one of the best eateries that I have dined in, whilst in New York. Sited a short walk from my hotel I discovered this restaurant by chance and so glad that did. From its white tiled front, to its wooden tables and open steel interior it has a great warehouse urban feel to it. The bar was fabulous, like something out of an old 50's movie.
I started with Calamari (brooklyn style) which came with a spicy sauce and delicious, followed by a NY steak salad, which just melted in the mouth. Finished off with a beer it was a perfect supper.
My second visit was for breakfast on my last morning in New York. This time I opted for Eggs benedict, coffee & grapefruit juice which was perfect. There was a real mix of people in for
breakfast from city gents, to nannies that brunch!... With all the white tiles and the light airy windows the space was filled with sunshine on a cold winter morning.
The staff were warm & friendly which is great when you are dining on your own, I was able to sit and people watch and read my kindle, without feeling conscious dining for one. There are three SmithNYC restaurants  in New York, if the other 2 are as good as the one I dined in in the East village then you are in for a treat.... My only regret is that I didn't have room for the S'mores in a jar dessert.... Mmmm maybe next time!

No comments: