Sunday, 3 February 2013

Bouchon Bakery

During my recent trip to NY I had a number of "cake" related things to do and places to go. One of these included a visit to Bouchon Bakery part of the Thomas Keller group... World famous for his French Laundry restaurant in California. Bouchon has two sites in New York, a small take out bakery in Rockefeller Plaza and then a larger eatery on the 3rd floor of the Time Warner Plaza at Columbus Circle. Both sites are great locations and on both visits were a hive of activity.
At The Rockefeller plaza I grabbed a coffee & Danish to go which was melt in the mouth delicious. At the Time Warner I sat and enjoyed the view over Central Park sipping coffee and a nibbling on a couple of festive macarons.
I loved both venues, but think the little busy bakery at the Rockefeller was my favourite. If I worked in New York it would be a struggle not to be in there daily! This is must visit venue for foodie fans.
After my afternoon treat in Time Warner it was time to enjoy a stroll through the holiday market on
the corner of the park... It certainly felt that the holidays were coming!

On my return to London I raved so much about the bakery, Santa must have heard as it fell into my stocking at Christmas!... Now I can have Bouchon at home too.... Mmm

No comments:

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Bouchon Bakery

During my recent trip to NY I had a number of "cake" related things to do and places to go. One of these included a visit to Bouchon Bakery part of the Thomas Keller group... World famous for his French Laundry restaurant in California. Bouchon has two sites in New York, a small take out bakery in Rockefeller Plaza and then a larger eatery on the 3rd floor of the Time Warner Plaza at Columbus Circle. Both sites are great locations and on both visits were a hive of activity.
At The Rockefeller plaza I grabbed a coffee & Danish to go which was melt in the mouth delicious. At the Time Warner I sat and enjoyed the view over Central Park sipping coffee and a nibbling on a couple of festive macarons.
I loved both venues, but think the little busy bakery at the Rockefeller was my favourite. If I worked in New York it would be a struggle not to be in there daily! This is must visit venue for foodie fans.
After my afternoon treat in Time Warner it was time to enjoy a stroll through the holiday market on
the corner of the park... It certainly felt that the holidays were coming!

On my return to London I raved so much about the bakery, Santa must have heard as it fell into my stocking at Christmas!... Now I can have Bouchon at home too.... Mmm

No comments: