Saturday, 9 February 2013

Italy in New York

New York has never been without its Italian influences and I was determined on this visit that I would seek one of them out. That one being the gastronomical delight of  Eataly  i discovered Eataly when I was in Italy a couple of years ago and was looking to visiting the site in New York. Eatalys concept is of an Italian marketplace filled with food delights with restaurants nestled amongst the Italian wares.
Eataly is located on 5th avenue opposite Madison square park and the Flaitron building.
Entering what appears to be a small coffee shop, you are soon met not only by the most amazing smells but a cavernous space filled with the hustle and bustle of a market. I spent ages just wandering around gazing at all the sights, I was transfixed by the two ladies hand rolling the hundreds of pieces of pasta. Eataly really captures the essence and feel of the Italian food markets.
As well as offering food to go, and to eat in, Eataly also offers a cooking school. Alas there was no time for this on this visit but I will definitely seek this out  the next time I go.  I really liked Eataly, it captures two of my favourite areas in one New York & Italy... Yum 



No comments:

Saturday, 9 February 2013

Italy in New York

New York has never been without its Italian influences and I was determined on this visit that I would seek one of them out. That one being the gastronomical delight of  Eataly  i discovered Eataly when I was in Italy a couple of years ago and was looking to visiting the site in New York. Eatalys concept is of an Italian marketplace filled with food delights with restaurants nestled amongst the Italian wares.
Eataly is located on 5th avenue opposite Madison square park and the Flaitron building.
Entering what appears to be a small coffee shop, you are soon met not only by the most amazing smells but a cavernous space filled with the hustle and bustle of a market. I spent ages just wandering around gazing at all the sights, I was transfixed by the two ladies hand rolling the hundreds of pieces of pasta. Eataly really captures the essence and feel of the Italian food markets.
As well as offering food to go, and to eat in, Eataly also offers a cooking school. Alas there was no time for this on this visit but I will definitely seek this out  the next time I go.  I really liked Eataly, it captures two of my favourite areas in one New York & Italy... Yum 



No comments: