Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Back to school in style....

September really did have a back to school feel for me, especially when I spent the morning at The Langham hotel learning how to write with a fountain pen!
I have always had a love affair with stationery and writing, my granddad always wrote with a fountain pen and I inherited his writing bureau and pen collection when he passed. As a gift for my birthday I received the opportunity to attend a Modern Calligraphy workshop with Judy Broad in the luxurious style at The Langham hotel in London.
Judy was lovely and made everybody feel so welcome on arrival. The table was laid out beautifully with personalised luggage tag envelopes,ink, inkpot,nib, pen  and macarons.
Inside the envelope was the materials and alphabet guides to help you master the art of Modern Calligraphy. From teaching you how to master the art of holding the pen, key nib strokes through to the alphabet in upper and lower case, Judy was patient, encouraging and coaching.
Soon we were joining up letters and creating words.
I have never used a dip pen before and loved it. Judy uses some glorious colour palettes with her calligraphy (here is her colourful instagram feed) I really love the white and gold inks.
 I had a lovely morning at The Langham with Judy and learnt so much. I look forward to using my new learned skill over the coming months and during the holiday season.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oooh, what a lovely way to spend a morning - I'm a bit jealous, would LOVE to have joined you if only I lived closer! xx

Wednesday, 7 October 2015

Back to school in style....

September really did have a back to school feel for me, especially when I spent the morning at The Langham hotel learning how to write with a fountain pen!
I have always had a love affair with stationery and writing, my granddad always wrote with a fountain pen and I inherited his writing bureau and pen collection when he passed. As a gift for my birthday I received the opportunity to attend a Modern Calligraphy workshop with Judy Broad in the luxurious style at The Langham hotel in London.
Judy was lovely and made everybody feel so welcome on arrival. The table was laid out beautifully with personalised luggage tag envelopes,ink, inkpot,nib, pen  and macarons.
Inside the envelope was the materials and alphabet guides to help you master the art of Modern Calligraphy. From teaching you how to master the art of holding the pen, key nib strokes through to the alphabet in upper and lower case, Judy was patient, encouraging and coaching.
Soon we were joining up letters and creating words.
I have never used a dip pen before and loved it. Judy uses some glorious colour palettes with her calligraphy (here is her colourful instagram feed) I really love the white and gold inks.
 I had a lovely morning at The Langham with Judy and learnt so much. I look forward to using my new learned skill over the coming months and during the holiday season.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Oooh, what a lovely way to spend a morning - I'm a bit jealous, would LOVE to have joined you if only I lived closer! xx