Friday, 30 October 2015

Haere ra to an All Black icon ...

Tomorrow one of the most successful and iconic rugby players of the last 12 years will hang up his international boots and All Black jersey. He has so far scored 63 points in this world cup (including a fabulous drop kick goal against the Springbok) and a record breaking 1,579 in an All Blacks shirt, he has also scored 29 trys and has been capped 111 times.
He will tick off the only accomplishment that he is yet to achieve in his incredible career and that is to play in a Rugby World Cup final. The player is of course Dan Carter ~ New Zealand All Black number 10 fly-half. He alongside Jonny Wilkinson are my Rugby heroes and I am thrilled to have seen both during my Rugby World Cup 2015 adventure.
My Rugby adventures with DC started on the day before the  Rugby world cup kicked off when I was hurrying through Waterloo station.
Dan was at the station with MasterCard, who had turned the station oval as one of the big sponsors of the cup and launched their #44daysofcrazy
He was lovely and I was thrilled to see him in real life!... Having watched him play on TV for many years, I was a little excited!
My 2nd encounter was at the New Zealand / Namibia game at the Olympic Park in Stratford.
Was a little disappointed to see that Carter had been rested for the squad line-up for the game. However my disappointment lifted when the No 10 with those gorgeous thighs ran out to train with the squad pre -game. Loved the game, seeing the Haka and the iconic Richie McCaw on the pitch.
My DC montage on instagram has proved popular, with the man himself liking the post! ( was a little giddy when this flashed on my phone during a meeting!!)
Dan has kept his fans updated on both twitter and instagram during the campaign with some fun & rugby. Loved seeing some of the all black boys travelling on the tube, greeting fans and taking the rise out of the 'tee-boy'
It also gives an insight into what this tournament has meant to him, from being selected for the squad, through to reaching the final.
 I am sure that there will be hearts breaking all across NZ and the world tonight when this guy along with Richie McCaw and others hang up their All Black boots for the last time.
Undoubtedly  he is responsible for a legion of female fans taking up following rugby!... he is without a doubt one of the most gifted players and I feel lucky to have seen him play in an All Blacks shirt.
He really does put the "Scrum" into Rugby  in so many ways!! and will miss these promotional shots from his all black 'jockey; campaigns!
DC will finish his career in France with Racing Metro and I am looking forward to travelling to Paris to see him play next year and wish him continued success in his next rugby adventure.
I have loved following and being part of this World cup ... here's some more of my adventures here. including the opening ceremony and bumping into my other rugby hero Jonny Wilkinson, another No 10 icon.

No comments:

Friday, 30 October 2015

Haere ra to an All Black icon ...

Tomorrow one of the most successful and iconic rugby players of the last 12 years will hang up his international boots and All Black jersey. He has so far scored 63 points in this world cup (including a fabulous drop kick goal against the Springbok) and a record breaking 1,579 in an All Blacks shirt, he has also scored 29 trys and has been capped 111 times.
He will tick off the only accomplishment that he is yet to achieve in his incredible career and that is to play in a Rugby World Cup final. The player is of course Dan Carter ~ New Zealand All Black number 10 fly-half. He alongside Jonny Wilkinson are my Rugby heroes and I am thrilled to have seen both during my Rugby World Cup 2015 adventure.
My Rugby adventures with DC started on the day before the  Rugby world cup kicked off when I was hurrying through Waterloo station.
Dan was at the station with MasterCard, who had turned the station oval as one of the big sponsors of the cup and launched their #44daysofcrazy
He was lovely and I was thrilled to see him in real life!... Having watched him play on TV for many years, I was a little excited!
My 2nd encounter was at the New Zealand / Namibia game at the Olympic Park in Stratford.
Was a little disappointed to see that Carter had been rested for the squad line-up for the game. However my disappointment lifted when the No 10 with those gorgeous thighs ran out to train with the squad pre -game. Loved the game, seeing the Haka and the iconic Richie McCaw on the pitch.
My DC montage on instagram has proved popular, with the man himself liking the post! ( was a little giddy when this flashed on my phone during a meeting!!)
Dan has kept his fans updated on both twitter and instagram during the campaign with some fun & rugby. Loved seeing some of the all black boys travelling on the tube, greeting fans and taking the rise out of the 'tee-boy'
It also gives an insight into what this tournament has meant to him, from being selected for the squad, through to reaching the final.
 I am sure that there will be hearts breaking all across NZ and the world tonight when this guy along with Richie McCaw and others hang up their All Black boots for the last time.
Undoubtedly  he is responsible for a legion of female fans taking up following rugby!... he is without a doubt one of the most gifted players and I feel lucky to have seen him play in an All Blacks shirt.
He really does put the "Scrum" into Rugby  in so many ways!! and will miss these promotional shots from his all black 'jockey; campaigns!
DC will finish his career in France with Racing Metro and I am looking forward to travelling to Paris to see him play next year and wish him continued success in his next rugby adventure.
I have loved following and being part of this World cup ... here's some more of my adventures here. including the opening ceremony and bumping into my other rugby hero Jonny Wilkinson, another No 10 icon.

No comments: