Thursday, 5 December 2013

Paris at Christmastime .. pt deux

My first area to explore on departing Gard du Nord was to head down towards the Bellville & Marais quarters of the city where I was to visit one of the city's most popular Boulangerie's ... Boulangerie's are ten a penny in Paris with most French people buying bread daily. Du Pain et des Idees is one of the boulangeries where people will que around the block for fresh bread and patisseries. The shop has been the home of the family since the 1960's and optimises everything you would imagine an old French bakery to be, with vintage tins & bowls. I purchased a pain au chocolate and a fromage & bacon croissant to eat on my travels. Both were amazing melt n the mouth deliciousness. At that point I decided to loose any sense of calories for the day.
My second stop was down a small cobbled side street which housed a home of eclairs which were beyond words! L'eclair du genie is a modern minimalist shop which showcases its eclairs like art work. I purchased 4 to take home .. Pistachio, raspberry, Yule log, & a clementine brown. All looked amazing and were a big hit back home!
From here I carried on my travels down across the river to the Notre Dame where they were getting ready for their tree lighting. The Notre dame is beautiful and has over the last few years undergone a huge restoration project. Here I ambled along the river Seine until I reached the bridge of locks which I crossed and headed into the Jardin's which housed the Louvree. Having seen the Mona Lisa on a previous visit I just admired the view.
Across the street from the Louvree and along the Rue de rivoli, my 3rd food treat awaited. Angelina's home of the hot chocolate!.... Served in delectable little pitchers  and whipped cream, I accompanied mine with a patisserie called Paris-New York ... A pecan, macaron & cream based patisserie.... Delicious... Angelina has the feel of an old 1920's tea salon, and I can understand why people Q to get in. The Hot chocolate is delicious, thick and slightly bitter, which when accompanied by the cream soon sweetens.
(It really wasn't a day for counting calories!) thankfully my adventures covered several miles in Paris which I did on foot.... Pop back later for Christmas in Part part trios.
Thanks again to Ed Kimber for two fantastic recommendations.

No comments:

Thursday, 5 December 2013

Paris at Christmastime .. pt deux

My first area to explore on departing Gard du Nord was to head down towards the Bellville & Marais quarters of the city where I was to visit one of the city's most popular Boulangerie's ... Boulangerie's are ten a penny in Paris with most French people buying bread daily. Du Pain et des Idees is one of the boulangeries where people will que around the block for fresh bread and patisseries. The shop has been the home of the family since the 1960's and optimises everything you would imagine an old French bakery to be, with vintage tins & bowls. I purchased a pain au chocolate and a fromage & bacon croissant to eat on my travels. Both were amazing melt n the mouth deliciousness. At that point I decided to loose any sense of calories for the day.
My second stop was down a small cobbled side street which housed a home of eclairs which were beyond words! L'eclair du genie is a modern minimalist shop which showcases its eclairs like art work. I purchased 4 to take home .. Pistachio, raspberry, Yule log, & a clementine brown. All looked amazing and were a big hit back home!
From here I carried on my travels down across the river to the Notre Dame where they were getting ready for their tree lighting. The Notre dame is beautiful and has over the last few years undergone a huge restoration project. Here I ambled along the river Seine until I reached the bridge of locks which I crossed and headed into the Jardin's which housed the Louvree. Having seen the Mona Lisa on a previous visit I just admired the view.
Across the street from the Louvree and along the Rue de rivoli, my 3rd food treat awaited. Angelina's home of the hot chocolate!.... Served in delectable little pitchers  and whipped cream, I accompanied mine with a patisserie called Paris-New York ... A pecan, macaron & cream based patisserie.... Delicious... Angelina has the feel of an old 1920's tea salon, and I can understand why people Q to get in. The Hot chocolate is delicious, thick and slightly bitter, which when accompanied by the cream soon sweetens.
(It really wasn't a day for counting calories!) thankfully my adventures covered several miles in Paris which I did on foot.... Pop back later for Christmas in Part part trios.
Thanks again to Ed Kimber for two fantastic recommendations.

No comments: