Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013... hello 2014.

As 2013 draws to a close its time for me to look back on my favourite moments. Its this point of the year when I look back that I realise how much I have done, what places I have been and the fab times that I have spent with loved ones.
All I can say is thankyou for blogging as my memory definitely isnt what it used to be!....
Here are 13 of my favourite things from 2013...
  • Afternoon Tea at Claridges  last Christmas I received Afternoon Tea at Claridges at a gift. In March we went and had a lovely time. The venue, service and tea were fabulous... a perfect gift!
  • Rugby Masterclass  Back in April  Jonny Wilkinson pulled on his Rugby shorts for the last time at Twickenham and I was there, front row to witness such delights!... a masterclass of perfection in so many ways!!! 
  • Hollywood & Dames This year I was lucky enough to meet the lovely blue-eyed Paul Hollywood at a Bread masterclass and in the same evening watch one of Theatres Dames on stage - the fabulous Judi Dench.
  • A day of Chocolate  one of the most inventive and fun afternoon teas that I have had along with an evening at the theatre with Charlie & Chocolate factory... a delicious treat for all senses.
  • Summer theatre in the Park  Regents park became a firm favourite during the summer ... an evening watching To Kill a Mockingbird and Pride & Prejudice were two of my highlights on a summers evening.
  • An evening with the Buble  a fab evening with friends old & new watching the supreme showman Michael Buble. An absolute joy ....
  • Tea at the House  a behind the scenes tour a tea in the Houses of Parliament were fun, informative and a history lesson al in one go.
  • Birthday with Bestie  co-ordinated diaries allowed for me to spend a fun day in London with Bestie, we laughed (lots) walked, gossiped, oogled and pretended we were both 14 again instead of 4*!!... 
  • Pride & Prejudice and 2 kittens!... Fitzwilliam & Darcy came to live with me in July, 2 mischievous and naughty Kittens... so not like their namesake Mr Darcy!... 200 years after Jane Austen wrote the classic!
  •  Hadley at the Hall  girl crushes don't abate even in you 40's!... Tony Hadley at the Albert hall was pure class, he crooned, rocked & balleted through the classics & 80's!
  • The Savoy & a Songstress  a fabulous afternoon tea at The Savoy with two 70 year old ladies who have more energy than myself, followed by an evening watching a songstress Beverley Knight in The Bodyguard was pure class throughout.
  • Thanksgiving with Friends  a new tradition for Teresa... Thanksgiving dinner with special friends... thankful for all. wishing them happier and healthier 2014 as December prooved to be worrying and unwell ... much love xx
  • Christmas in Paris  A day in Paris during Christmastime was delightful, filled with sweet treats, lights and fun.
2013 has been fun, I got out and about lots, I loved exploring London in the sunshine (yes we did have a summer!) relaxing in the park with a good book, spending time with loved ones.  The Uk had Royal baby fever, we saw a Brit win Wimbledon for the 1st time in 60 years, and the Lions bet the Southern Hemisphere in the rugby.I look forward to seeing what 2014 will bring.
Looking forward to 2014....
  • I would like to be more organised with life, blogging, and home.
  • I hope to blog more (hoping my new wireless keyboard will assist with blogging on an ipad) and bring a little structure to my monthly posts. (more to come of this)
  • Spend quality time with loved ones.... simple works for me as well as special treats... 
  • A decade on from loosing a very special lady in my life I hope to mark this anniversary with love, memories and laughter across the pond.

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Each year I read your recaps and find them so inspiring. So many fabulous things, not all excessive or expensive, just brilliant, brilliant things. And each year I hope to follow your lead. I never quite get there, but I am improving!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures!
Z xx

Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Goodbye 2013... hello 2014.

As 2013 draws to a close its time for me to look back on my favourite moments. Its this point of the year when I look back that I realise how much I have done, what places I have been and the fab times that I have spent with loved ones.
All I can say is thankyou for blogging as my memory definitely isnt what it used to be!....
Here are 13 of my favourite things from 2013...
  • Afternoon Tea at Claridges  last Christmas I received Afternoon Tea at Claridges at a gift. In March we went and had a lovely time. The venue, service and tea were fabulous... a perfect gift!
  • Rugby Masterclass  Back in April  Jonny Wilkinson pulled on his Rugby shorts for the last time at Twickenham and I was there, front row to witness such delights!... a masterclass of perfection in so many ways!!! 
  • Hollywood & Dames This year I was lucky enough to meet the lovely blue-eyed Paul Hollywood at a Bread masterclass and in the same evening watch one of Theatres Dames on stage - the fabulous Judi Dench.
  • A day of Chocolate  one of the most inventive and fun afternoon teas that I have had along with an evening at the theatre with Charlie & Chocolate factory... a delicious treat for all senses.
  • Summer theatre in the Park  Regents park became a firm favourite during the summer ... an evening watching To Kill a Mockingbird and Pride & Prejudice were two of my highlights on a summers evening.
  • An evening with the Buble  a fab evening with friends old & new watching the supreme showman Michael Buble. An absolute joy ....
  • Tea at the House  a behind the scenes tour a tea in the Houses of Parliament were fun, informative and a history lesson al in one go.
  • Birthday with Bestie  co-ordinated diaries allowed for me to spend a fun day in London with Bestie, we laughed (lots) walked, gossiped, oogled and pretended we were both 14 again instead of 4*!!... 
  • Pride & Prejudice and 2 kittens!... Fitzwilliam & Darcy came to live with me in July, 2 mischievous and naughty Kittens... so not like their namesake Mr Darcy!... 200 years after Jane Austen wrote the classic!
  •  Hadley at the Hall  girl crushes don't abate even in you 40's!... Tony Hadley at the Albert hall was pure class, he crooned, rocked & balleted through the classics & 80's!
  • The Savoy & a Songstress  a fabulous afternoon tea at The Savoy with two 70 year old ladies who have more energy than myself, followed by an evening watching a songstress Beverley Knight in The Bodyguard was pure class throughout.
  • Thanksgiving with Friends  a new tradition for Teresa... Thanksgiving dinner with special friends... thankful for all. wishing them happier and healthier 2014 as December prooved to be worrying and unwell ... much love xx
  • Christmas in Paris  A day in Paris during Christmastime was delightful, filled with sweet treats, lights and fun.
2013 has been fun, I got out and about lots, I loved exploring London in the sunshine (yes we did have a summer!) relaxing in the park with a good book, spending time with loved ones.  The Uk had Royal baby fever, we saw a Brit win Wimbledon for the 1st time in 60 years, and the Lions bet the Southern Hemisphere in the rugby.I look forward to seeing what 2014 will bring.
Looking forward to 2014....
  • I would like to be more organised with life, blogging, and home.
  • I hope to blog more (hoping my new wireless keyboard will assist with blogging on an ipad) and bring a little structure to my monthly posts. (more to come of this)
  • Spend quality time with loved ones.... simple works for me as well as special treats... 
  • A decade on from loosing a very special lady in my life I hope to mark this anniversary with love, memories and laughter across the pond.

1 comment:

Pennyblossoms said...

Each year I read your recaps and find them so inspiring. So many fabulous things, not all excessive or expensive, just brilliant, brilliant things. And each year I hope to follow your lead. I never quite get there, but I am improving!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your adventures!
Z xx