Saturday, 22 May 2010

Bolly bows out...

I am of course referring to the last episode of Ashes to Ashes, which was aired last night. I'm not going to give too much away, but what a fantastic end. It did not disappoint and lived up to all expectations par 1... I soo wanted Gene & Alex to get together! ( every girl deserves a happy ending!)
From Life on Mars through Ashes to Ashes, Philip Glennister has been outstanding, and has took us back through the politically incorrect 70's and the glamorous sexist 80's!.... and oh how we have loved him!
Last night he fired up the Quatro one last time and was a top Guv!
Favourite scene from season 3 has been this, I defy anyone who wasn't transported back to that school disco moment ( although don't think I ever at that stage told them to wait in the bedroom while I get rid of who was at the door!) with Spandau Ballet singing True.... For anyone still trying to get their head round the ending... here's a great article in today's press.... a fantastic romp through the early 80's!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for posting the link to the Mail. I thought I had understood what was happening, but was not sure xx Now we know this im going to revisit Life on Mars for about the 10th time!!

Saturday, 22 May 2010

Bolly bows out...

I am of course referring to the last episode of Ashes to Ashes, which was aired last night. I'm not going to give too much away, but what a fantastic end. It did not disappoint and lived up to all expectations par 1... I soo wanted Gene & Alex to get together! ( every girl deserves a happy ending!)
From Life on Mars through Ashes to Ashes, Philip Glennister has been outstanding, and has took us back through the politically incorrect 70's and the glamorous sexist 80's!.... and oh how we have loved him!
Last night he fired up the Quatro one last time and was a top Guv!
Favourite scene from season 3 has been this, I defy anyone who wasn't transported back to that school disco moment ( although don't think I ever at that stage told them to wait in the bedroom while I get rid of who was at the door!) with Spandau Ballet singing True.... For anyone still trying to get their head round the ending... here's a great article in today's press.... a fantastic romp through the early 80's!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Thank you for posting the link to the Mail. I thought I had understood what was happening, but was not sure xx Now we know this im going to revisit Life on Mars for about the 10th time!!