Each Friday she posts 5 things on a mutual topic. This weeks topic is Childhood Books..... what better way to start than post my 5 fav books from my childhood, as an avid reader from an early age this was very difficult to just pick 5!
1. The Wishing Chair & Magic Faraway Tree series - Enid Blyton. I could of quite easily filled my list with 4 of Enid Blyton's series but have restrained with 2. I loved these books, I would curl up on my Gramps lap in his old rocking chair and we would transport ourselves away to a far away land with Molly & Peter and Chinky the pixie.
2. Pollyanna - Eleanor H Porter - a nickname that stuck from my grandparents all their life... heavily influenced by my obsession with always having my head in this book from a young age usually sitting on the backstep in the garden. It still sits in my top 5 films and will always be known as my 'Glad book', stemming from an orphaned girl sent to live with her stuffy aunt in a repressed town, where she teaches them the Glad game.
3. Secret Seven Series - Enid Blyton, Oh I so wanted to live with these guys and be part of their adventures, these 7 started my investigative nature which obviously led to the famous 5 and then into my love of all CSI now!.... it just makes you want to drink lashings of ginger beer and jam sandwiches!.... many a night with a torch under the bed sheet to finish the last chapter!
4. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm - Kate Douglas Wiggin - large family of siblings sent to live with two maiden aunts on a farm,a heartwarming tale where Rebecca's joy for life inspires the aunts (eventually)... spending summers in the country in Suffolk gave me a feel of life in the country and this book as always my reading book of choice here.
5. Little Women - Louisa May Alcott - This is the book that took me through childhood into teens, as the character association changes dependant on what age you read it! and a book that I still read now.... from a family of strong women this book was always going to figure in my top 5.