Tuesday, 11 May 2010

you can take the girl out of the 80's!

or can you?....  last night BBC 2 kicked off it's 80's season with 90 minutes of Top of the Pop's from the 80's. I know that it's sad and it's wrong but I do love it!
This year is my 40th year, along with my 2 'best' pals J & K who also hit the fabulous 40!... we spent the 80's together as teenagers, so we were completely unaware of the political unrest, greed in the financial world and all the things that make the 80's disliked ( I'm not quite sure what has changed in this decade!) great times had by all. The 80's revival season brings us so much nostalgia.
Sunday sees Worried about the Boy which is the story of Culture Club which has a great cast,
Friday also sees the penultimate episode in Ashes to Ashes which just gets even more puzzling but fantastic... Alex Drakes wardrobe could have been picked from mine! and her flat is modeled on J's bedroom!... how can this not make us smile! Gene Hunt singing Uptown Girl!So to make me feel 15 again... here are a number of things planned for this year!...... 80's Rewind festival,
(Bradley Cooper as Face...









what other reason do I need to go!)

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I love the 80s too!!! I'm in the middle of watching Dynasty at the moment and it's fabulous shoulder pads galore!

Victoria x

SweetPeaknits said...

Im so pleased you told me! I'll skyplus Sunday Culture Club episode. I was so into them in the 80s.

Tuesday, 11 May 2010

you can take the girl out of the 80's!

or can you?....  last night BBC 2 kicked off it's 80's season with 90 minutes of Top of the Pop's from the 80's. I know that it's sad and it's wrong but I do love it!
This year is my 40th year, along with my 2 'best' pals J & K who also hit the fabulous 40!... we spent the 80's together as teenagers, so we were completely unaware of the political unrest, greed in the financial world and all the things that make the 80's disliked ( I'm not quite sure what has changed in this decade!) great times had by all. The 80's revival season brings us so much nostalgia.
Sunday sees Worried about the Boy which is the story of Culture Club which has a great cast,
Friday also sees the penultimate episode in Ashes to Ashes which just gets even more puzzling but fantastic... Alex Drakes wardrobe could have been picked from mine! and her flat is modeled on J's bedroom!... how can this not make us smile! Gene Hunt singing Uptown Girl!So to make me feel 15 again... here are a number of things planned for this year!...... 80's Rewind festival,
(Bradley Cooper as Face...









what other reason do I need to go!)

2 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

I love the 80s too!!! I'm in the middle of watching Dynasty at the moment and it's fabulous shoulder pads galore!

Victoria x

SweetPeaknits said...

Im so pleased you told me! I'll skyplus Sunday Culture Club episode. I was so into them in the 80s.