Friday, 21 May 2010

Friday 5 ~ Comfort Food

mmmmm  it makes me hungry thinking about this! and too many favs to pick just 5 but here goes;


  • Sausage & Mash.... one of my favs, with fluffy buttery potatoes (preferably roosters) with pork sausages from the butchers with red onions & gravy.... and fresh runner beans.
  • Blackberry & Apple Pie ~ no one else makes this as well as my nan, she made the most amazing pastry and we used to pick the blackberries from Gramps's allotment and make pies!



  • Chunky Monkey ice cream - comfort food is incomplete without ice cream --- especially for those Bridget Jones moments.. also a great accompaniment to cupcakes!

  • Beef Stew with Dumplings - homemade of course!... you can tell that I grew up with my nan, all her comfort food recipes have been passed down and really bring that feeling of home, perfect for a cold winter night.

  • Loaded Jacket potatoes.... all fluffy inside with crunch skins, stuffed with bacon & mushrooms and Cornish cheddar! yum yum perfect for a Saturday night on the sofa!
Thanks to Caroline for a great Friday 5.... looking forward to next week.... what's your comfort foods?.... I'm off now to cook up a treat!

7 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Potato skins are one of my favourite things too!! To be fair anything with potatoes. My ultimate comfort food though has to be shepherds pie.

Victoria xx

Caroline said...

Oooh, all those pictures have made me v hungry, particularly those loaded jacket potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Oh your choices and brilliant , I love dumplings and forgot about them!
Dawn x

Holly said...

Mmmm. Hungry hungry hungry!

Archies Mum said...

Love the way you get the old grey cells working. Top 5 comfort food oooh now then No 1 has to be roast beef and yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings, No 2 has to be homemade rice pudding (none of that tinned stuff), No 3 rhubarb pie with lashings of custard (I think custard is a brilliant comfort food), No 4 is a Dominos Meteor pizza (and I know I shouldn't be eating them - have just found out my cholesterol is quite high), and No 5 has got to be the ultimate in comfort - CHOCOLATE hmmm. Did you see Ashes to Ashes - my god I never saw that story line coming!!!!!

Kissed by an Angel said...

Yummy scrummy!!!

Erika said...

oooh yes to all....feel hungry now.
Loving the blog LO too.
Hope things are well with you. xx

Friday, 21 May 2010

Friday 5 ~ Comfort Food

mmmmm  it makes me hungry thinking about this! and too many favs to pick just 5 but here goes;


  • Sausage & Mash.... one of my favs, with fluffy buttery potatoes (preferably roosters) with pork sausages from the butchers with red onions & gravy.... and fresh runner beans.
  • Blackberry & Apple Pie ~ no one else makes this as well as my nan, she made the most amazing pastry and we used to pick the blackberries from Gramps's allotment and make pies!



  • Chunky Monkey ice cream - comfort food is incomplete without ice cream --- especially for those Bridget Jones moments.. also a great accompaniment to cupcakes!

  • Beef Stew with Dumplings - homemade of course!... you can tell that I grew up with my nan, all her comfort food recipes have been passed down and really bring that feeling of home, perfect for a cold winter night.

  • Loaded Jacket potatoes.... all fluffy inside with crunch skins, stuffed with bacon & mushrooms and Cornish cheddar! yum yum perfect for a Saturday night on the sofa!
Thanks to Caroline for a great Friday 5.... looking forward to next week.... what's your comfort foods?.... I'm off now to cook up a treat!

7 comments:

Florence and Mary said...

Potato skins are one of my favourite things too!! To be fair anything with potatoes. My ultimate comfort food though has to be shepherds pie.

Victoria xx

Caroline said...

Oooh, all those pictures have made me v hungry, particularly those loaded jacket potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Oh your choices and brilliant , I love dumplings and forgot about them!
Dawn x

Holly said...

Mmmm. Hungry hungry hungry!

Archies Mum said...

Love the way you get the old grey cells working. Top 5 comfort food oooh now then No 1 has to be roast beef and yorkshire pudding with all the trimmings, No 2 has to be homemade rice pudding (none of that tinned stuff), No 3 rhubarb pie with lashings of custard (I think custard is a brilliant comfort food), No 4 is a Dominos Meteor pizza (and I know I shouldn't be eating them - have just found out my cholesterol is quite high), and No 5 has got to be the ultimate in comfort - CHOCOLATE hmmm. Did you see Ashes to Ashes - my god I never saw that story line coming!!!!!

Kissed by an Angel said...

Yummy scrummy!!!

Erika said...

oooh yes to all....feel hungry now.
Loving the blog LO too.
Hope things are well with you. xx