Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Memories Old & New

Today I am heading Midtown and also to the Garment district! My first stop after coffee and pancakes will be St Patricks Cathedral, where i will light a candle for my Nan who I lost 5 years ago today. Ironically I was told the news sitting at a boarding gate in JFK airport, trying desperately to get home to say goodbye. It wasn't meant to be, so this year will be even more poignant to remember the most special lady in my life who is now been joined by my beloved Gramps... This holiday was a gift from my Gramps and I know that they will be looking out for me on my travels.
From St Patricks I well head over to the Rockefeller and go to the Top of the Rock to view the fantastic city!....
A stop at the New York Library and Grand Central station is a must before heading over to the Garment District which is situated between West 42nd & 34th street. The Garment District is featured in Project Runway and houses an array of Designers and fabric / fashion design shops. Donna Karan & Calvin Klein still have their design houses here...including MJTrimmings ribbon store!




34th street is also the famous street that has the square mile of Macy's on it!.... who doesn't love the Christmas movie Miracle on 34th street! Macy's always gets a raw deal against Bloomingdale's, Barneys & Saks but its a fab store which still has the original wooden escalators! and hosts the amazing Thanksgiving parade... so this where I will end my day before stopping off for Chicken Noodle soup on my way back to rest my feet!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I love Macy's as it's a 5 min walk from the hotel I usually stay in so we're always popping in there for a little something! And of course the fabulous Sephora and Victoria Secrets next to it!

Victoria xx

Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Memories Old & New

Today I am heading Midtown and also to the Garment district! My first stop after coffee and pancakes will be St Patricks Cathedral, where i will light a candle for my Nan who I lost 5 years ago today. Ironically I was told the news sitting at a boarding gate in JFK airport, trying desperately to get home to say goodbye. It wasn't meant to be, so this year will be even more poignant to remember the most special lady in my life who is now been joined by my beloved Gramps... This holiday was a gift from my Gramps and I know that they will be looking out for me on my travels.
From St Patricks I well head over to the Rockefeller and go to the Top of the Rock to view the fantastic city!....
A stop at the New York Library and Grand Central station is a must before heading over to the Garment District which is situated between West 42nd & 34th street. The Garment District is featured in Project Runway and houses an array of Designers and fabric / fashion design shops. Donna Karan & Calvin Klein still have their design houses here...including MJTrimmings ribbon store!




34th street is also the famous street that has the square mile of Macy's on it!.... who doesn't love the Christmas movie Miracle on 34th street! Macy's always gets a raw deal against Bloomingdale's, Barneys & Saks but its a fab store which still has the original wooden escalators! and hosts the amazing Thanksgiving parade... so this where I will end my day before stopping off for Chicken Noodle soup on my way back to rest my feet!

1 comment:

Florence and Mary said...

I love Macy's as it's a 5 min walk from the hotel I usually stay in so we're always popping in there for a little something! And of course the fabulous Sephora and Victoria Secrets next to it!

Victoria xx