Friday, 18 December 2009

A Night with Rupert.... what a Christmas treat

for me!!!.... some weeks ago I spied an advert in the Metro whilst on my way to work, which got me a little excited. The Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square was hosting a play for the Christmas period. Said play was called The Priory and starring the gorgeous Rupert Penry-Jones.... Needless to say a ticket was purchased, 3 rows from the front!
Those not familiar with Mr Penry-Jones ~ Click here! This gentleman regularly features in my 'scrum of the week' and I need to say he does not disappoint up-close & personnel.
The theatre is very cozy and small and Rupert is joined by 5 other stella actors, including Joseph Millson (peak practise)and Alastair Mackenzie (monarch of the glen) so lots of eye candy for the girls!
The synopsis of the play is a thirty-something singleton, played by the very talented Jessica Hynes (spaced) recently dealing with bereavement decides to gather her oldest & closest friends together in an old secluded Priory to celebrate New Years Eve. She is joined by her gay best friend, first love from uni (now part of smug successful married couple) and Uni pal along with couple of strays, ie fiance (having met the previous night!) and an internet date, thrown into the mix...... what follows is a alcohol / drug filled party, which spills secrets and chaos.
This play is a dark comedy which follows the realms of "This Life", and is not only very funny, but extremely poignant and quite sad. Definitely struck a chord and 2 hours of RPJ was an absolute Christmas joy!
Today i received a Christmas Card from an old friend who calls me Miss Marple (obviously due to the nature of job that I do and not because I look like an old lady I hope!!!)... spookily I sat next to the talented Geraldine McEwan (aka Miss Marple) for the duration pf the play!... she was delightful.
On leaving the theatre, a lovely christmas scene was present in Sloane Square, twinkly lights & snow!... its beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

4 comments:

sassynach said...

I am so jealous of you right now for getting to spend an evening with Rupert.

Good for you! :)

Florence and Mary said...

That play sounds great and worth a visit.

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Sounds like you had a great night! I love Miss Marple too!!!

xxxx

Kelly said...

Oh lucky girl! Glad you had a good night xxx

Friday, 18 December 2009

A Night with Rupert.... what a Christmas treat

for me!!!.... some weeks ago I spied an advert in the Metro whilst on my way to work, which got me a little excited. The Royal Court Theatre in Sloane Square was hosting a play for the Christmas period. Said play was called The Priory and starring the gorgeous Rupert Penry-Jones.... Needless to say a ticket was purchased, 3 rows from the front!
Those not familiar with Mr Penry-Jones ~ Click here! This gentleman regularly features in my 'scrum of the week' and I need to say he does not disappoint up-close & personnel.
The theatre is very cozy and small and Rupert is joined by 5 other stella actors, including Joseph Millson (peak practise)and Alastair Mackenzie (monarch of the glen) so lots of eye candy for the girls!
The synopsis of the play is a thirty-something singleton, played by the very talented Jessica Hynes (spaced) recently dealing with bereavement decides to gather her oldest & closest friends together in an old secluded Priory to celebrate New Years Eve. She is joined by her gay best friend, first love from uni (now part of smug successful married couple) and Uni pal along with couple of strays, ie fiance (having met the previous night!) and an internet date, thrown into the mix...... what follows is a alcohol / drug filled party, which spills secrets and chaos.
This play is a dark comedy which follows the realms of "This Life", and is not only very funny, but extremely poignant and quite sad. Definitely struck a chord and 2 hours of RPJ was an absolute Christmas joy!
Today i received a Christmas Card from an old friend who calls me Miss Marple (obviously due to the nature of job that I do and not because I look like an old lady I hope!!!)... spookily I sat next to the talented Geraldine McEwan (aka Miss Marple) for the duration pf the play!... she was delightful.
On leaving the theatre, a lovely christmas scene was present in Sloane Square, twinkly lights & snow!... its beginning to feel a lot like christmas!

4 comments:

sassynach said...

I am so jealous of you right now for getting to spend an evening with Rupert.

Good for you! :)

Florence and Mary said...

That play sounds great and worth a visit.

Victoria xx

Kissed by an Angel said...

Sounds like you had a great night! I love Miss Marple too!!!

xxxx

Kelly said...

Oh lucky girl! Glad you had a good night xxx