Sunday, 20 December 2009

Miracle on 34th Street...... Do you Believe?

My all time favourite film at Christmas is Miracle on 34th Street. It is my movie of choice when wrapping presents accompanied by a glass of bailey's!....it epitomizes the magic of Christmas, in my favourite city New York. Featuring the famous department store on 34th street Macy's!
How excited was I on my recent trip to see that Macy's Christmas campaign this year is Believe.
For those who have seen the film, know that the central core to the film is the belief in Santa. All children are being asked to write their letters to Santa and drop them in the mail box, where the 'believeometer' will register and a donation to the 'make a wish' foundation will be made.... check out the advert here.

I watch this film at least twice a year, both the original and the re-make.... both of which are on the TV this year.
Today after much deliberation I decided to decorate my fireplace. I wasn't going to do anything this year as I'm not feeling very festive and couldn't cope with the whole tree and stuff. Since I lost my nan, it has been a ritual that Gramps would come to me on his birthday (8th) and we would decorate the tree. My tree is very much a memory tree and it's all a bit too much this year, however I bought a few bits in NY so I've just hung those, and created new memories.

As you can see i love a candle!... colour theme this year is red & white candy cane!, complete with post box!

I have a very small potted tree, and the basket (john lewis) is filled with New york baubles old & new from Bloomingdale's, Macy's & Saks!









The garland is decorated with candy canes, red & white jingle bells, a starbucks cup & coffee, and a couple of special decorations, a crystal candy cane and father Christmas from that special shop on 5th avenue & 57th street, that comes in a beautiful blue box! (Tiffs) and a Home with a heart from Links of London.... I'm off now as Miracle on 34th Street is about to start!.... what's your favourite Christmas film?

5 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

My favourite Christmas film of all time Is Miracle on 34th Street - the same as you!! I believe!!!!
xxxx

LissyLou said...

we watched miricle on 34th st yesterday...i do love it!!!

Florence and Mary said...

I BELIEVE!!!

I watched Miracle on tv yesterday, i just love that film

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I believe too!!!!

I love this film!!! Glad you found a way round your sadness so that you could decorate a little. I'm sure your Gramps would think it looks lovely!!!!

Archies Mum said...

Love your decorations Teresa. I have only just watched the black and white version of this film and loved it. It is such a feel good movie, loved every minute of it. Have to be truthful, am bit of a big kid at heart and I love Polar Express with Tom Hanks. Yes its animated but every time I watch it I wish I was a child again so that I could believe in Santa (how sad am I).

Sunday, 20 December 2009

Miracle on 34th Street...... Do you Believe?

My all time favourite film at Christmas is Miracle on 34th Street. It is my movie of choice when wrapping presents accompanied by a glass of bailey's!....it epitomizes the magic of Christmas, in my favourite city New York. Featuring the famous department store on 34th street Macy's!
How excited was I on my recent trip to see that Macy's Christmas campaign this year is Believe.
For those who have seen the film, know that the central core to the film is the belief in Santa. All children are being asked to write their letters to Santa and drop them in the mail box, where the 'believeometer' will register and a donation to the 'make a wish' foundation will be made.... check out the advert here.

I watch this film at least twice a year, both the original and the re-make.... both of which are on the TV this year.
Today after much deliberation I decided to decorate my fireplace. I wasn't going to do anything this year as I'm not feeling very festive and couldn't cope with the whole tree and stuff. Since I lost my nan, it has been a ritual that Gramps would come to me on his birthday (8th) and we would decorate the tree. My tree is very much a memory tree and it's all a bit too much this year, however I bought a few bits in NY so I've just hung those, and created new memories.

As you can see i love a candle!... colour theme this year is red & white candy cane!, complete with post box!

I have a very small potted tree, and the basket (john lewis) is filled with New york baubles old & new from Bloomingdale's, Macy's & Saks!









The garland is decorated with candy canes, red & white jingle bells, a starbucks cup & coffee, and a couple of special decorations, a crystal candy cane and father Christmas from that special shop on 5th avenue & 57th street, that comes in a beautiful blue box! (Tiffs) and a Home with a heart from Links of London.... I'm off now as Miracle on 34th Street is about to start!.... what's your favourite Christmas film?

5 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

My favourite Christmas film of all time Is Miracle on 34th Street - the same as you!! I believe!!!!
xxxx

LissyLou said...

we watched miricle on 34th st yesterday...i do love it!!!

Florence and Mary said...

I BELIEVE!!!

I watched Miracle on tv yesterday, i just love that film

Victoria xx

Kelly said...

I believe too!!!!

I love this film!!! Glad you found a way round your sadness so that you could decorate a little. I'm sure your Gramps would think it looks lovely!!!!

Archies Mum said...

Love your decorations Teresa. I have only just watched the black and white version of this film and loved it. It is such a feel good movie, loved every minute of it. Have to be truthful, am bit of a big kid at heart and I love Polar Express with Tom Hanks. Yes its animated but every time I watch it I wish I was a child again so that I could believe in Santa (how sad am I).