Saturday, 18 May 2013

.... Friends....

Friends come in various guises and I have been truly blessed with mine... My life is like a novel with each chapter telling its own story and my friends are very similar... Each unique and special in their own way. My nan always said that friends were the pages to your life's story... Some were with you for a paragraph, others for the chapter and if you were really lucky some even got to be in the whole book.
Whether I see them everyday, weekly, monthly or even yearly they all hold a special place in my heart... Every girl in their friend collection must have an 'oldest', 'family' 'work' and if lucky 'gay'(male), but the cherry on the icing is 'best'. J is my bestie....
 We met on the first day of secondary school and have been friends since... We don't see anything near as much of each other as we would like to, but it doesn't erase that amazing bond that a best friend has. Regardless of where life has taken us in the world we have always been there for each other.... We recently spent some together in New York which was just fabulous, it made my holiday as was the best Christmas present in 2012.
 32 years in she still can make me laugh on site without saying a word, read each others minds, drool at the same men, talk each others ears off and within 5 minutes of being together think we are 15 again!... Her family are my family and I can't imagine my story without her in it...
I hope we end up in the same nursing home, laughing at all the things we did and shouldn't have done!

No comments:

Saturday, 18 May 2013

.... Friends....

Friends come in various guises and I have been truly blessed with mine... My life is like a novel with each chapter telling its own story and my friends are very similar... Each unique and special in their own way. My nan always said that friends were the pages to your life's story... Some were with you for a paragraph, others for the chapter and if you were really lucky some even got to be in the whole book.
Whether I see them everyday, weekly, monthly or even yearly they all hold a special place in my heart... Every girl in their friend collection must have an 'oldest', 'family' 'work' and if lucky 'gay'(male), but the cherry on the icing is 'best'. J is my bestie....
 We met on the first day of secondary school and have been friends since... We don't see anything near as much of each other as we would like to, but it doesn't erase that amazing bond that a best friend has. Regardless of where life has taken us in the world we have always been there for each other.... We recently spent some together in New York which was just fabulous, it made my holiday as was the best Christmas present in 2012.
 32 years in she still can make me laugh on site without saying a word, read each others minds, drool at the same men, talk each others ears off and within 5 minutes of being together think we are 15 again!... Her family are my family and I can't imagine my story without her in it...
I hope we end up in the same nursing home, laughing at all the things we did and shouldn't have done!

No comments: