Sunday, 5 May 2013

From fat to fit!

Is my constant battle!... Life and work over the last few years has gotten in the way of a healthier lifestyle, but this year I was determined to make some changes....
Food:  I now make my own pack lunch trying to achieve at least 3 of my 5 fruit & veg options. I have wholemeal sandwiches, yoghurt, crudités and fruit..which I snack on during the day. My day starts with porridge, fruit compote and a banana. I drink decaffeinated coffee and water during the day. I try to cook from scratch each evening and not opt for the easy option of a ready meal.
Exercise: is a little bit like an ex boyfriend to me... We don't have a great relationship! I wish I could find an exercise that I love... I have however started to walk more, I leave the car at home 3 days a week and walk to the station ... This is about a 20 minute walk and is lovely now the mornings are light and the birds are singing. I also over the last month have gone out for  a 5 mile walk early on the Sunday morning. I've downloaded a couple of books and now walk a number of chapters a week listening on my iPod.
With the number of apps to help me along my way... I'm hoping to feel a little fitter by the end of the year.... My goal is to have a lovely bicycle to potter about on, but currently wouldn't inflict my behind on a bike to anyone!
Looking forward to reading what you all do to stay healthy and fit..

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I try and walk as much as possible now! My poor car might feel neglected but I feel much better for it.

V x

Archies Mum said...

Good for you Teresa, keep up the good work. It is so hard to get the enthusiasm to exercise. I get my exercise by taking Archie out for a walk every day for an hour. Unfortunately having an underactive thyroid means I just can't loose weight, and the dr has also confirmed that. I do sometimes think tho' that if I didn't walk Archie how much heavier would I be.

Sunday, 5 May 2013

From fat to fit!

Is my constant battle!... Life and work over the last few years has gotten in the way of a healthier lifestyle, but this year I was determined to make some changes....
Food:  I now make my own pack lunch trying to achieve at least 3 of my 5 fruit & veg options. I have wholemeal sandwiches, yoghurt, crudités and fruit..which I snack on during the day. My day starts with porridge, fruit compote and a banana. I drink decaffeinated coffee and water during the day. I try to cook from scratch each evening and not opt for the easy option of a ready meal.
Exercise: is a little bit like an ex boyfriend to me... We don't have a great relationship! I wish I could find an exercise that I love... I have however started to walk more, I leave the car at home 3 days a week and walk to the station ... This is about a 20 minute walk and is lovely now the mornings are light and the birds are singing. I also over the last month have gone out for  a 5 mile walk early on the Sunday morning. I've downloaded a couple of books and now walk a number of chapters a week listening on my iPod.
With the number of apps to help me along my way... I'm hoping to feel a little fitter by the end of the year.... My goal is to have a lovely bicycle to potter about on, but currently wouldn't inflict my behind on a bike to anyone!
Looking forward to reading what you all do to stay healthy and fit..

2 comments:

Victoria Eales said...

I try and walk as much as possible now! My poor car might feel neglected but I feel much better for it.

V x

Archies Mum said...

Good for you Teresa, keep up the good work. It is so hard to get the enthusiasm to exercise. I get my exercise by taking Archie out for a walk every day for an hour. Unfortunately having an underactive thyroid means I just can't loose weight, and the dr has also confirmed that. I do sometimes think tho' that if I didn't walk Archie how much heavier would I be.