Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Singin in the Rain

Last Wednesday I joined my friend and her family for an evening of fun Singin' in the Rain. I'm a sucker for a musical and love this old classic. From Good Mornin to Make 'Em Laugh and the classic Singin in the Rain this musical ticks all the boxes. The musical mirrors the film, including the rain (I will come back to the rain!) This musical has the magic and glamour of the movie, with the 3 leads epitomising Gene Kelly, Donold O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds amazingly.

The classic Singin in the Rain sequence comes just before the interval, and having witnessed first hand what this involves I'm not surprised. What my friend failed to mention when she booked the tickets was that she had booked front row.... These come with a splash warning, now this doesn't mean you may get a little wet, this means you get soaked. My beautiful Mulberry bag is still recovering from the deluge!... 14,000 litres are used for each performance, 7,000 in the first half and 7,000 for the finale... All the water is recycled, except that which the audience takes home with them!
I loved the show, and I am looking forward to returning with the my godmother & friend this month... They are desperate to see it before it ends its run in London and embarks on a tour of the UK. If this comes to a theatre near you it's a must... Don't forget to take an umbrella!
Here is a brief montage of what to expect....Singin in the Rain...

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

Everyone I've spoke to that has seen this absolutely raves about it - I must get tickets.

Victoria x
www.florenceandmary.com

Tuesday, 7 May 2013

Singin in the Rain

Last Wednesday I joined my friend and her family for an evening of fun Singin' in the Rain. I'm a sucker for a musical and love this old classic. From Good Mornin to Make 'Em Laugh and the classic Singin in the Rain this musical ticks all the boxes. The musical mirrors the film, including the rain (I will come back to the rain!) This musical has the magic and glamour of the movie, with the 3 leads epitomising Gene Kelly, Donold O'Connor and Debbie Reynolds amazingly.

The classic Singin in the Rain sequence comes just before the interval, and having witnessed first hand what this involves I'm not surprised. What my friend failed to mention when she booked the tickets was that she had booked front row.... These come with a splash warning, now this doesn't mean you may get a little wet, this means you get soaked. My beautiful Mulberry bag is still recovering from the deluge!... 14,000 litres are used for each performance, 7,000 in the first half and 7,000 for the finale... All the water is recycled, except that which the audience takes home with them!
I loved the show, and I am looking forward to returning with the my godmother & friend this month... They are desperate to see it before it ends its run in London and embarks on a tour of the UK. If this comes to a theatre near you it's a must... Don't forget to take an umbrella!
Here is a brief montage of what to expect....Singin in the Rain...

1 comment:

Victoria Eales said...

Everyone I've spoke to that has seen this absolutely raves about it - I must get tickets.

Victoria x
www.florenceandmary.com