Thursday, 9 May 2013

Social media & me...

Now usually Social & me do not go in the same sentence... However add "dia" to the end and I'm a different person entirely. About 10 years ago I had a complete confidence crisis which resulted in me going from a "life and soul of a party" girl to a wallflower, there wasn't one defining thing that bought on this change but an amalgamation of a number.
Social media in several forms has helped me over the past 5 years to become less of a hermit and given me some of my confidence back. There are still occasions and situations that I socially avoid but the joy of the Internet has helped meet new friends and get me out and about.
So what do I love and why do I love it!...

My ultimate favourite is Twitter... I can be found Here . Why do I love it... It's instantaneous, it allows you snapshots of people's lives that you never thought you could ever meet. It suits every audience, gossip, show biz, politics, current affairs, breaking news and daily life. I've met some amazing people through twitter, as well as a quick and easy way to communicate with friends. My daily twitter fix with my GBF is the highlight of my commute!...It has now become one of my active tools for work and I now teach social media training as part of my working life...
Instagram, .. I'm just starting to get my head round Instagram, along with a couple of other photo apps on my phone. A picture can tell a thousand words and brighten up your moment in an instant... Here is my Instagram link... Enjoy!
Where Instagram is a snapshot of daily life Pinterest creates a forum for inspiration. I love it, it's a virtual mood board for what ever takes you fancy.... I have multiple boards covering a broad spectrum of subjects... Take a look Here at my pin boards.... Heavily featuring New York, cupcakes, macarons and Home!
And finally last and probably least favourite..  Facebook.... I have a Facebook profile and dip in and out if it. My primary function of it is to keep in touch with family near and far. I don't post much, it is my least favourite social network and since the changes this year like it even less, especially all the advertising links... I am toying with deleting it altogether... Watch this space!
Look forward to meeting you on one of these sites... X

No comments:

Thursday, 9 May 2013

Social media & me...

Now usually Social & me do not go in the same sentence... However add "dia" to the end and I'm a different person entirely. About 10 years ago I had a complete confidence crisis which resulted in me going from a "life and soul of a party" girl to a wallflower, there wasn't one defining thing that bought on this change but an amalgamation of a number.
Social media in several forms has helped me over the past 5 years to become less of a hermit and given me some of my confidence back. There are still occasions and situations that I socially avoid but the joy of the Internet has helped meet new friends and get me out and about.
So what do I love and why do I love it!...

My ultimate favourite is Twitter... I can be found Here . Why do I love it... It's instantaneous, it allows you snapshots of people's lives that you never thought you could ever meet. It suits every audience, gossip, show biz, politics, current affairs, breaking news and daily life. I've met some amazing people through twitter, as well as a quick and easy way to communicate with friends. My daily twitter fix with my GBF is the highlight of my commute!...It has now become one of my active tools for work and I now teach social media training as part of my working life...
Instagram, .. I'm just starting to get my head round Instagram, along with a couple of other photo apps on my phone. A picture can tell a thousand words and brighten up your moment in an instant... Here is my Instagram link... Enjoy!
Where Instagram is a snapshot of daily life Pinterest creates a forum for inspiration. I love it, it's a virtual mood board for what ever takes you fancy.... I have multiple boards covering a broad spectrum of subjects... Take a look Here at my pin boards.... Heavily featuring New York, cupcakes, macarons and Home!
And finally last and probably least favourite..  Facebook.... I have a Facebook profile and dip in and out if it. My primary function of it is to keep in touch with family near and far. I don't post much, it is my least favourite social network and since the changes this year like it even less, especially all the advertising links... I am toying with deleting it altogether... Watch this space!
Look forward to meeting you on one of these sites... X

No comments: